Indian Idle…….In Toilet

“Phew….Exams are over” I thought after giving my last paper of CA finals today, First thing I did was, I went to meet my barber Raju bhaiya….coz sum ppl commented ovr my weed like long hair. “Thandey Thandey pani se nahana chahiye, gana aaye ya na aaye gana chahiye” while listening to this song at the time Raju bhaiya was notching my hair, I thought “Hmmm.. I sing in my bathroom almost everyday” n guess everyone does that. Its nice to sing, n its vry good for health per se. Now why do we sing in bathroom, well because we don’t have anyone meddling with us over our pitch or tone, we don’t have to see frowning faces n fingers going into ears….n also we get the perfect reverb owing to the small size of the room.

But we never think of the quantum of water we waste, and the time also..now now, u are goin to say that “time bacha key aap kaun sa Time magazine me jagah bana loge”, but think about the water mates, we waste gallons of water every year, just on our singing, clean throat cant be gained from cleaning our body ;p

Well I must share a incident with you, I went to Indore for my CA classes and on my first day in the city I saw people running behind the water tankers,
              (Pic Taken At Indore, On My Way To Nahata Institute)


As I was living in a posh area I didn’t understand the status quo n said to my friend Ashwin “Seems like illegal Bangladeshi immigrants, man look how they are dieing to get water ”…..after 3 days all poshness was dried in absence of WATER, when the hostel keeper refused to surrender to the gold diggers to purchase the water at mount Everest price. I bet there can’t be more frustrating thing then buying Bislari for your washroom needs. Till we students decided to contribute for the water supply as well.

The point is that we can buy the water from the costly tankerwala people when there is short supply, but think of the poor for whom full belly is kinda luxury, how will he afford this extra burden..?? think twice before wasting water…one of my friend said “save water, drink beer” but sir, 1Ltr of beer making takes 11 Ltrs of water…
Little done is also worth the effort, every drop counts.
They say 3rd world war will be because of water, lets prove them wrong. Or May be someday we will be throwing stones in the well to bring water level up..

4 comments:

Vipul Shah said...

Excellent!
Thought-provoking with the right tinge of humour.
Loved these 2 lines, "time bacha key aap kaun sa Time magazine me jagah bana loge"
"clean throat can't be gained from cleaning our body"
Hahahaha! :)

Shishir Agrawal said...

thnx dude..... :)

Unknown said...

INSIGHTFUL!!!

Shishir Agrawal said...

dhanyawaad mitra